Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

I always knew I had a natural wave in my hair. I just so happen to have a haircut that seems the perfect length to take advantage of it. I usually blow dry it straight. The past few days I've been putting one of two products that if applied when wet, make my wave hold. I've NEVER done this before and I'm super excited. I do have a feeling I could get more out of it.



I have to "scrunch" the hair with the product on, and the more I do it the better it gets. Is there anything else I can do to get it more wavy/curly? I had though about scrunching it and pinning it up so it doesn't fall out, but then I don't think it'd dry as fast. Any tips?



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

here's some of the tips for styling wavy hair, i have them too, i just cut them short and they won't be that wavy =)



Steps



1. Shampoo and condition your hair in the shower as usual.



2. Towell off hair but be gentle. Rubbing can cause split ends and frizz. Do not brush or combo your hair!



3. Once the soaking-wetness is gone from your hair, mess it up with your fingers and put it in the loosest, highest and sloppiest bun you can make. Spray with a weak gel hairspray, like Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel.



4. Leave it alone until you are sure it is dry.



5. Take it down and use your fingers or a hair pick if your hair is tangled. Spray again with gel spray, but remember that this is not quite the same as scrunching.



6. That's it! If your hair still has some frizz, apply a smoothing gel or serum.



Tips



* Some nice products might come in handy. Since wavy hair can be dry, I use TreSemme for Dry/Damaged Hair shampoo. Any quality conditioner is fine. Again, the best spray gel is a regular strong hold bottle of Garnier Fructis style Curl Shaping Spray gel.



* If you must blow-dry, use the cool setting. Remember, the whole point of this is to give your hair a break from heat styling.



* Medium to very wavy hair is best for this, but it'll work on straight hair if you use lots of hairspray instead of spray gel. (Or a super-strong spray gel)



* A good smoother is Alberto V05 Smooth! Smoothing Souffle



Warnings



* Again, don't brush/comb your unfinished style. Besides, brushing wet hair causes frizzies and split ends.



* Don't over-apply spray gel or your hair will be stiff. However, if you want to scrunch...go ahead.



* Don't over-apply smoother either. A dollop the size of a 50 cent piece will do. Too much will make hair look greasy!



GOOD LUCK =)



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

I have a natural wave in my hair as well and I always put my hair in half way twists and then scrunch it. Or I make a bump with my bangs (where you take some of your hair in the front, twist it a little, push it forward, and then bobby pin it) then I either straighten it or scrunch. These always look cute with wavy hair.



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

I do this : take a shower at night, towel dry a little, apply mousse, put it in a loose messy bun overnight and in the morning its really cute and messy and wavy. you can add some more mousse but dont go overboard on product.



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

go with the wave ..... yes you can pin to help the curl and yes it dries slower....i use clips and clip chunks here and there and from time to time change them around, start when your hair is damp not wet or even after your hair is dry, and spray it with some scrunch stuff or gel and pin it then and remember the messy look is in .....so it really doesn't matter



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

Always wash and condition. I use Redken products. Going to the salon for professional trims with a razor.



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

Ok well i have had curly/wavy hair all my life...



Use a light conditioner and only wash hair twice a week.



Only brush hair when wet.



Use a anti frizz cream that enhances curls. Curl enhancing cream from Pantene works wonders.



If you have heavy thick hair, i suggest gel. Any kind that is not from the dollar store is great.



If you have thinner hair, (which i suspect you do) use a curl enhancing mousse. I have found the best to be volume mousse by Rusk.



Then, finish off with Curls Up by fx. Use the spray or cream. This stuff works wonders. it makes the curl stronger and stay longer!



Hope this helps alot!!!



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

I used to blow-dry my hair straight, too...I just recently realized what I could do with my waves. Continue the scrunching and do not blow-dry. You can brush your hair with a (real) boar's hair brush. That will not disturb your waves, but it gets rid of tangles really well. Don't use hairspray, etc...I think you should leave your hair down after scrunching. So far, you're doing everything correct.



Wavy Hair. How do I make the most of it?

I like fullness. I have my wavy/curly hair cut in a layered style. I have tried the most expensive shampoos on the market but Suave works best for me. Use whatever is compatible with your hair. Then I let my hair semi-air dry. Then I apply mousse, I like Matrix voluminizing mousse or the Suave scrunching mousse is good too.



1. Apply a hearty handful of mousse to your wet hair to prime the hair for the hairspray.



2. Hold head upside down as you run the blow dryer over it, 閳ユ笩crunching閳?it with your fingers.



3. When hair is almost dry, LIGHTLY spritz all of your hair with Rave (level 4 or above). Rave dries quickly.



4. Continue blow drying damp hair. I alternate between medium and full blast.



5. Next re-spritz with Rave, more liberally than the first time, but still not heavily. While the hairspray is setting, pull the hair into the basic shape you want it to be.



6. Spritz any weak sections of your hair with Rave, to make sure it won閳ユ獩 fall down in a few minutes. Let dry.



7. Fluff out the shaggy ball now known as your head.



My beautician reapplies mousse in step 3 instead of the first dose of hairspray. However, when I do my hair at home, I have better luck with the hairspray twice technique rather than the mousse twice technique. BUT to hold your style in place for a long period of time - you MUST use hair spray. I do not use gel because it tends to weight my hair down.



My beautician says to never use a conditioner unless your hair is dry and needs it as it tends to weight the hair down. And use a good clarifying shampoo once a month.



Also, I wash and style as directed above on Day 1. On Day 2, I brush out the curly style with a large paddle brush for a softer look. I wash again on Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment