Friday, November 13, 2009

Good hairstyle for frizzy/wavy hair?

My hair is medium length and frizzy/wavy, if I don't style it. It actually looks great if I straighten it, but I know it's not good to straighten your hair more often than absolutely necessary (like for special occasions). So, I was wondering what some good alternatives might be...



I've tried ponytails (which I don't really like unless my hair is straight, defeating the purpose of the ponytail-otherwise, it just looks like frizziness); buns (work, but seem so boring); the curly (just add gel, foam, etc. +air dry /diffuser) look but it still has too much poof...



Perhaps, I'm just not using the right products??



Also, I'm an athlete, so I often have to take two showers/day, since I workout twice a day...which could explain some of the frizziness...



I could really use some advice with this one!!! Thanks!!!



Good hairstyle for frizzy/wavy hair?

I have the same hair. Get the book Curly Girl and follow it's advice. My stylist turned me on to it and it changed everything for me - how I wash, cut and style my hair and what products I use. I don't have frizz anymore and I don't bother straightening anymore. Just lots of soft curls. And it's a fun book to read.



I am also an athlete and shower a lot. Yes, there is a way to deal with that. The book recommends washing your hair with conditioner. I was scared at first, but no, I don't have greasy hair. It is soft, clean and curly with no frizz, just like the book said. It has changed everything.



Good hairstyle for frizzy/wavy hair?

Suave is the best



Good hairstyle for frizzy/wavy hair?

try scrunching/crunching your hair. just add a little bit of mouse n hold it in your hand to make it wavy. its cute n easy also.



Good hairstyle for frizzy/wavy hair?

Suave has some products that are great for minimizing/reducing the appearance of Frizz. Scrunching your hair is a cute style thats easy to do, and it is also much better for your hair than the constant straightening would be. In regards to the two showers a day, maybe try using a shower cap? It's best not to shampoo your hair everyday, try doing it every other day and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment